Surveys and Data Collection
Delivering millions of surveys to people in the United States and over 40 countries around the world, FMG specializes in complex paper-based and online survey administration and data collection. FMG’s data operations include design, distribution, collection, and analysis of paper, telephone, interactive voice response (IVR), online (including intercept), mobile, face-to-face, and multi-mode surveys as well as associated data technology management and respondent support systems (e.g., helpdesk).
Survey and data collection services include complex sample design, custom mail plans, questionnaire design, and custom survey programming in Voxco. Four-color and black and white survey design and graphic design services are also available, as is optical mark recognition (OMR) optical scanning technology for efficient and accurate data entry. FMG is experienced in the use of incentives to increase survey response rates, including reaching general population and special populations via established partnerships with panel vendors.
Fors Marsh Group also maintains a proprietary research panel, Insights, where we evaluate advertising messages, test consumer products, and survey general and niche populations online or in-person. FMG's facilities include lab space for in-person data collection and hold Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) clearances.
Partner With FMG
Vice President, Public Policy Evaluation
Examples of Our Methods
- Sampling and Weighting (Single-stage, Multi-stage, Stratified, Probability Proportional to Size, Multiple Frames)
- Data Cleaning and Quality Assurance
- Data Collection (Online, Intercept, Mobile, Paper, Telephone, Interactive Voice Response, Multi-Mode)
- Nonresponse Bias Analysis
- Survey and Questionnaire Design
- Incentives Experiments
- Technical Assistance Support for Survey Respondents
- Online Survey Platforms (Decipher, Verint)
- Psychometric Analysis and Data Reduction
- Experience with General, Special, or Hard-to-Reach Populations
- Survey Data Portals
- Custom Survey Programming
- Variance Estimation for Population Inference
- Disclosure Avoidance
- Secure Data Collection Facility